Sunday, November 16, 2008

Technology, Entertainment, and Design...aka- TED

From http://www.ted.com/

TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from those three worlds. Since then its scope has become ever broader.The annual conference now brings together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes).

So, if you never have come across this website, please take a few minutes and explore. The information and ideas that are available are nothing short of breathtaking.

Let me know what you think of her "Stroke of Insight."

November 16, 2008

Sunday 081116
Rest Day...

I almost rested.

4 rounds of: 250m row, 15 db clean and press at 45lbs, 50 double unders, 20 wall ball shots at 20lbs... 23:37.

*And yesterday was heavy back squats- 5 sets of 5. But, because Lululemon was having their Grand Opening weekend, I was able to demonstrate of Crossfit abilities in front of their store. I was slotted for an hour, and at first was a little skeptical, because I know very few workout last up to an hour long. But, I came up with an ingenious idea that I would do snatch's at 95lbs, muscle ups, and double unders.

My goal was 100 snatch's, 50 muscle ups, and 1000 double unders. Well after I warmed up, set up the eq., I completed a total of 80 snatch's, 40 muscle ups, and 800 double unders... then my body shut down. This was in 32min+. I called it quits with a few mins to spare. But, figured it wasn't a good idea to attempt heavy squats.

But tomorrow is "Helen," and I aim to go sub 7:30. We will see!

No comments: