Friday, November 7, 2008

I Feel Your Pain

Clients often ask us, "Do you guys ever get sore?" My answer is most certainly and undoubtedly YES!!! I was talking with Carey Kepler about it earlier today, and one of her clients today was saying how since she works out so much she probably never got sore. Not the case at all.
The entire Crossfit philosophy: "to increase work capacity across broad times and modal domains"(Coach Glassman) means you will never and can never adapt to the unknowing. Crosfit's way has always and will always be that we "specialize in not specializing."(Coach Glassman)
I will tell you that my body has not been this sore in I don't know when. Many coaches at the gym have been following the main website, crossfit.com, so for the past 3 days Jeremy and I have been doing them together.
So for the past three days, this is what is has looked like for us;
-WED- it was complete as many rounds as you can in 20 min of; 10 pull ups and 10 thrusters at 65lbs... ouch. I did 16 rounds and thought my legs were going to fall off.
-THURS- it was "Lynne" that the gym did wed. So; 5 rounds of- max rep of bench @ body wt. and max reps of pull ups. with good rest in between each round, we did 3 min's; my #'s 1)25b/28pu's 2)12b/25pu's 3)10b/20pu's 4)8b/20pu's 5) 7b/15pu's.... HURT!!! I did do the bench at 185 which is 7lbs over my wt:)
-TODAY- 4 rounds for time; 400m run and 50 squats.... my time 9:38. mylegs felt like your forearms after "Helen"
I think my entire body wants to give up. But, it's the hurt that makes it so good. Not everyone can do what we do. We truly are the lucky ones, and until I cannot because I am unable to, I will tear my body down so that I can build it up, for whatever my life has in store for me. I will be ready!!!!
Get Some
Posted by Picasa

No comments: