Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Visualize Your Success!!!!!!!

It's no coincidence that after spending the day downtown at the Austin Convention Center for the Austin Get Motivated Seminar, I get a email from a friend, Jackie Munoz from CrossFit and Fearless, about athletes mental toughness and what psychologists have to say about it.
Why is that coincidental? I put it out there to Jackie a while back that I was on a mission to do anything and everything I can to set myself to take the Crossfit Games. I have talked many times with Jeremy on what separates the elite athletes(which I think we can all become if we do what it takes.... this could take years) from those who seem to be "superhuman" or just "genetically gifted." He has confirmed many of times what I read in this article today.
And, how do I link this article to today's seminar about motivation, or the Crossfit Games?
Read the article and let me know what you think I mean.

Here is the link, http://www.utexas.edu/features/2008/11/24/athletes_minds/ about an athletes mental toughness, and what psychologists seem to have observed.

I want to highlight the 5th question from University of Texas at Austin alumnus Garrett Weber-Gale is a U.S. Olympic swimmer who won two gold medals in the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Photo: Texas Athletics....
"5. Top athletes often use visualization to improve their performance—how does that work for you?A great coach named Mike Bottom once told me that there is a defining moment in every race when you are really going to start to hurt. This moment is at a different point for every individual. However, what each competitor thinks and does at this moment is what truly sets the champions apart from the other competitors. Mike told me that I need to visualize being at that point and focus on what that will feel like, how I will handle the pain, what I will do emotionally. I do visualize that moment—the moment when my arms feel like sandbags, when my legs are burning and my back feels like it's tightening up like a rubber band. I get myself to the point where I am completely prepared for the pain. After imagining this point for a long time, I know I am able to endure the emotional stress and physical pain. I look forward to this point because I know I will conquer it!"
Amen! He has stated what Jeremy has stated to me several times, what I heard more than once today, and what I have seen and heard from many other successful people.... VISUALIZE YOUR SUCCESS!


MY WOD

December 2, 2008

Tuesday 081202
Rest Day

3,2,1...snooze!

No comments: