Sunday, September 21, 2008

A New Day!!!


Passion, dedication, focus, perseverance, mental fortitude, and tenacity. All of which are equally important when know where you want to go, ( also called a definite chief aim) and you will do whatever it takes to get there. I sometimes take for granted how lucky I am.
It has been a week now that I have refocused my energy on doing everything I can to get where I want to be. The crazy thing I forget sometimes, is that it is nothing different or abnormal that needed to be tweaked. It is the little mundane DMO(daily method of operation) that sets people apart in a very drastic manner. I know this only from experiences of others that have succeeded and have graced me enough to give me some insight as to how they did what they did so well.
I will reach my potential. I will succeed. I will live my life in a way that I will never say, if only.... or what if...
As for my physical output side: 3 bench marks that I recently did this past week that were on the lower half of a poor performance were:
1) "Linda" 21:30
2) "Fran" 2:44
3) 100 chest to bar pullups- 11:20
4)Grace- 2:17
But, after refocusing, going to back to the strict "Zone/Paleo", and actually weighing and measuring my food, eating the blocks of vegetables that I need, and not cheating, I will come back in 6 weeks and perform these same WODs. I will do a lot better.
All the things that make me better are easy to do... but most importantly, they are easy NOT TO DO!!! That is the difference...

2 comments:

taralh said...

"You can't fail if you don't give up." - The Last Kiss

Carla said...

You are a machine!! Your motivation to keep pushing yourself to do better shows true dedication to yourself and a total appreciation for your body and its capabilities.

Keep at it, Lance. :)