Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fellow Brother in Arms, and Crossfitter... Great Job!

This is compliments of Max Fernandez, owner and founder of Crossfit South County in southern California.

From his website: crossfitsouthcounty.com

"I usually avoid posting myself on the blog but I was very pleased with this performance of "Fran." It is arguably proof to all that your diet is directly related to how your body performs. My first attempt on this workout while eating in the "Zone" was a 2:25, my second attempt 6 weeks ago was 2:49 and now that I am eating paleo/zone type of diet I was able to set a new PR at 2:19. This might not seem like such a significant difference but in reality the 30 second difference is about a 22% increase in total work output. Not bad just for just changing the way I eat."

We served in Iraq together, and even on his first deployment, Max was my go to guy to make things happen and get it done. I am glad to see him doing so well with something we both are way too obsessed about.

Keep up the great work bro! SEMPER FI

No comments: